Options included as standard
- VirtualBoot – Near Instant Disaster Recovery – restore a server in minutes from 15 minutes ago
- Hardware Independent Restore™ – Restore to totally different hardware or to a virtual machine
- Virtual Converter – Automated migration to virtual systems
- Management Console – Centrally manage hundreds of servers
- Manual HeadStart Restore™ – Real-time migration with almost zero downtime
- Self-Healing backups – Automatically heals a broken incremental chain
- Granular Recovery for Exchange™ – Restore Exchange mailboxes in seconds
- Offsite Replication (IME™) – Replicate your data offsite for archival and remote disaster recovery
- Enterprise Disaster Recovery (IME) – With Automated HSR™ real-time Disaster Recovery
- WatchDog Software – Centralised graphical dashboard – one view of ShadowProtect backup status
Protect your business
Businesses can spend tens of thousands of dollars in an effort to recover data from a computer failure and there can be as little as a 10% chance of recovering your data, assuming that you still had a system which you could send off to the data recovery service. If the system was stolen or destroyed by fire, there would be almost no chance of being able to recover the data through a recovery service. Using Shadow Protect with offsite replication you have the peace of mind that they can recover 100% of your data to new hardware or to a virtual machine.
Ask yourself these questions.
- If your server crashes, would you like to get it up and running into full production in typically less than 5 minutes using VirtualBoot™?
- Would you like to restore a single file or folder in typically less than 20 seconds each and every time?
- Would you like to eliminate backup windows once and for all?
- Would you be interested in migrating say a 3TB server with perhaps 10 minutes of downtime?
Migrate to a New Server or a New Virtual Environment
- Scenario: It’s time to upgrade to new server hardware
- Scenario: The boss decides to migrate to a virtual server environment
ShadowProtect Server is a phenomenal tool for Windows server migration. First, you take a rapid point-in-time backup of everything on your server before you begin the migration process. Now you not only have a complete backup of your server, you also have an image to migrate to your new server hardware or virtual machine. Using the HIR technology in ShadowProtect Server, you restore your backup image to new server hardware or to a virtual machine and your migration is complete. The whole process takes a couple of hours, rather than a couple of days.
Granular Recovery of Files and Folders
- Scenario: The boss accidently deletes an important document from the file server and needs it in 10 minutes.
ShadowProtect Server allows you to perform granular recovery of individual files and folders – there’s no need for a separate data backup of your server. You simply right click on the point-in-time ShadowProtect backup image file (the last backup taken before the boss deleted the file), mount the image as a drive letter on the network, browse to the missing folder and file, and then drag and drop it to the production server. Or you can mount the backup image file as a network share and tell the user where to find it.
- Scenario: A flood wipes out your main offices.
With ShadowProtect Server, you can restore all of your Windows servers, even if your hardware is damaged beyond repair. That’s because ShadowProtect’s Hardware Independent Restore™ (HIR) technology makes it possible to restore your server backup images to brand new hardware, even virtual servers. Plus because ShadowProtect Server can take backup images up to every 15 minutes throughout the day, your Recovery Point Objective (RPO) – the age of data you could restore when the disaster happens – could be less than 15 minutes. Now you can get your business running again, and have your RPO at 15 minutes or less, even if your offices are temporarily closed.
|Shadow Protect requires a local storage device such as a USB attached hard disk, NAS, or separate hard disk drive to store backup images too.
Offsite storage charges include Image Manager verification and consolidation running on our server. This option can be disabled if not required.
Usage Examples – What do I need?
Small business with a single desktop
You run a small business with a single computer system running Windows 7/8/10 for all of your customer management and your point of sale. To be able to backup to a local storage device using Shadow Protect you would only require a monthly Shadow Protect Desktop license.
- Shadow Protect Desktop
- Total Cost $6.50ex per month ($78.00ex per year)
However, to fully protect your business in the event of fire, failure or theft for example, you would also require some offsite storage space.
- ImageManager (Free)
- 200Gb Offsite Storage
- Total Cost $35.00ex per month ($420.00ex per year)
Total Cost of all items $41.50ex per month ($498.00ex per year)
Small business with a single SBS server
You run a small business with a single server system running Small Business Server to store all of your files and emails. To be able to backup to a local storage device using Shadow Protect you would only require a monthly Shadow Protect SBS license.
- Shadow Protect SBS
- Total Cost $29.80ex per month ($357.60ex per year)
However, to fully protect your business in the event of fire, failure or theft for example, you would also require a ShadowStream license and some offsite storage space.
- ImageManager (Free)
- 600Gb Offsite Storage
- Total Cost $70.00ex per month ($960.00ex per year)
Total Cost $99.80ex per month ($1197.60ex per year)
On Premise Demonstration and 14 day evaluation available
If you would like to know more about Shadow Protect and how it can help protect your systems, please contact us to arrange a demonstration at your premises.